Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Movies for Girls Who Like Guy Movies

If you were to look at my recent movie requests from the library, you would probably think I’m a 75-year-old man. My boss talked me into watching Judgment at Nuremberg, and then The Great Escape. (Okay, Eddie Izzard helped with the latter, with his talk about Steve McQueen’s motorcycle ride across Europe by way of the Hanging Gardens of Babylon.) Papillon, The Dirty Dozen, and Von Ryan’s Express are all still on the list.

I’ve been missing out on a lot of hotness with my old movie eyes for only Cary Grant and Jimmy Stewart, and I have a lot of catching up to do. Just look!


Here you see Maximilian Schell, whose turn in Judgment at Nuremberg offers up the first and only hot Nazi since Summer of My German Soldier.


And here's Steve McQueen in all his tough, manly glory.



So, um, yeah. Lots to look forward to.

1 comment:

BabelBabe said...

i LOVED the great escape. h made me watch it. it's up there w/ the godfather for me...