Monday, December 15, 2008

Can't Talk: Knitting

Christmas is in, like, fifteen minutes, and I just started a project for my mom that has derailed everything and is going to take forever. See, my mother loves Harry Potter, and Ron Weasley in particular. What was I to do, then, upon finding this Harry Potter sock yarn in the Ron Weasley pattern?



I can't make socks (not well enough to give them away as gifts--YET), so what to do with the Ron yarn? I'm making a scarf, of course. On #3 needles. And the woman at the yarn store suggested knitting a tube, so I'm using FOUR #3 needles. Which is taking for-freaking-ever. But it's going to be nice. So nice! So pretty! And she's going to love it.

In other news, The Boy (who is now officially twelve) is playing on the Middle School basketball team. No one in the history of my family (or C's) has ever played on a basketball team, so this is cool and foreign to all of us. You should see how cute he looks in his SUPER PURPLE uniform! Super dorks! With noodle arms! Do you know how low-scoring a basketball game can be when all of the boys playing have noodle arms, and therefore miss FAR more of the shots at the ten-foot-high hoop than they make? He's played in one game so far, and I don't think the total final score broke 30. There's another game today--I can't wait. FINALLY basketball that's slow enough for me to follow!

No comments: