Monday, August 10, 2009

A Beautiful Weekend in Photos

Finished dish cloths for my friend S. Ribbed, for her pleasure. (I've been dying to say that since I started knitting them.)

This pic is from my parents' local paper, which did an article about their church's annual parish festival and the ladies who make the pizzas. That adorable cutie is my grandma, who was mortified by what she thinks is a terrible picture. Come on, though--she's awesome!

This is my dad and The Boy, bonding over The Best Thing Ever -- the BB gun my dad gave The Boy. (With my permission and full blessing--I had one when I was 12, and I loved it.)

This is the target The Boy made to accompany the hanging cans my dad put up to shoot at. Note the evil cow, the Simpsons-like robot, and the clown--those were to be shot, but the butterfly and angelic bunny were to be avoided. Sport, you know. He also shot a pepper from my mom's garden and an apple from a tree in the yard. Good times.

And this is the pie I made for my mom and dad's anniversary. Look at those hearts! Because they LOVE each other. :-) I made them the pie and gave them a blown up and framed copy of the photo from my last post. People got choked up, which means it was a hit.

It was truly a beautiful weekend.

No comments: