Friday, September 11, 2009

Hoggy, Warty

The Boy wanted me to knit something for him, and truly, I've been wanting to make him something for a long time. He's my favorite person--how could I not want to make him something more permanent than dinner and an endless stream of chocolate chip cookies? Anyway, it wasn't easy: He will not wear sweaters. He will not wear hats. I CANNOT make socks. What's left? A scarf, of course. He asked for a Harry Potter-style scarf in the design from the early movies, but he wanted it to be in his school's colors (because my kid LOVES his school more than any other kid I've ever known). It is perhaps unfortunate that his school's colors are purple and gold, but here is the finished Hogwarts scarf.




It's longer than he is tall, and it's soft and woolly as all get-out. He can't wait for it to be cold enough to wear it, and . . . I feel the same way.

I'm watching my nephew tonight, and he's clamoring for his own version of the scarf now, so I promised to take him to the yarn store tomorrow so he can choose his colors. But I'll be holding on to his until Christmas. I'm no dummy.

3 comments:

That One said...

Wonderful scarf!

BabelBabe said...

i should have used chunky. i am still slogging away...

Badger said...

Ooo, it's fabulous! And YAY for him being so happy with it! I've made hats for my two, but they are not appreciated in the least. Maybe because there are only about two days per year down here when we need to wear hats? Hmm.