Monday, May 31, 2010

Sock it to Me

Behold, the Sensational Socks training sock.



It's far from perfect, but I understand how socks work now, and am pretty sure I could knit people-sized socks from actual sock yarn, on those tiny #2 needles. I'm still not quite sure I have the patience, but I think there might be at least one sock in my future.

And it's all about the future for me, as I am thrilled to be seeing the last of the month of May. In addition to the passing of my great Aunt Mary, this month has seen trouble at work, an understaffed pledge drive, a four-day stomach virus for The Boy, which turned into a four-day stomach virus for me. This month saw me trip and fall at work, squashing my lunch and gouging me knee. It saw me accidentally pay a bill twice, screwing up my accounting. And finally, it saw my face morph into something like Sloth from The Goonies, thanks to an enormous sty that grew on the bottom of my left eyelid, effectively flipping it over and making impossible to blink or fully close my eye for days.

Goodbye, May. Kiss my ass.

1 comment:

The Author said...

KISS OUR ASSES, MAY. GOODBYE AND GOOD RIDDANCE.

(... I didn't have much more use for May than you did. :P)

The sock looks *awesome*, though!