Monday, October 20, 2008

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

I live in this townhouse, on the city's east end. It's nothing fancy, but it's comfortable, and I can either walk, bike, or take a five-minute bus ride to pretty much anything I want or need.



Plus, there's this. This is about a hundred yards outside of my back door. (See my shadow waving?)



I live mere feet away from one of the greatest city parks ever.



The dork watching is especially fine.



I had the day off today. I wanted a day to recover from the fund drive at work, and it was parent-teacher conference day at The Boy's school, so I used a vacation day. I met C at the school at 7:30 (we took the early slot so he could get to work on time) and were informed by The Boy's advisor that he's sweet and charming, and CONSCIENTIOUS (that last bit was news to us). He's happy and popular and his interim grades (still a few weeks until the end of the trimester) are all As. You really can't ask for a better report than that.

I came home, woke up The Boy to tell him how wonderful he is, ate some delicious reheated pizza while watching Curious George on PBS (no idea why, aside from the fact that it was there), and then baked chocolate chip cookies and made a pot of soup. We spent the afternoon at my lovely park with a friend, her son, and another boy they go to school with. We would normally have left the boys to go to the park on their own, but it was so nice outside that we joined them and sat on a picnic table soaking up the sunshine.

There are few finer things than sitting in the sun while everyone else is at work.

3 comments:

BabelBabe said...

because it was there - the Curious George, the pizza, or both?

T & Q * I were at YOUR workplace today - well,t eh university anyway, because Primo missed the bus to gifted and I had to drive him over to the West End. Luckily i remembered you were off before we traipsed down the hill to you building...

BabelBabe said...

That's T & Q & I. That makes more sense : )

Anonymous said...

Oh! I would have *loved* to have seen you guys!