Sunday, October 10, 2010

Still Life for the Common Cold



So this is how I spent my weekend (the squirt bottle is for keeping the cats away--I love them, but they shed and the fur sticks to the Vick's VapoRub I'm liberally coated with, and that's just miserable). Not pictured: Boiling my Diva Cup, because it's *that* time. So, I have a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad cold, it's that time of the month, and the fall fund drive starts at work on Tuesday, just to add waking up at 4:15am into the mix. Yes, I really do still love October, but this isn't going to be an especially good week. Sigh.

The Boy has his casts off, which is a delight for both of us, and he's taking his opposable thumbs to see a friend's band play at the Hard Rock Cafe tonight. Now, I know it's an all-ages show at a lame chain restaurant that hasn't been cool since I was a wee lassie, and I know that the show is more like a piano recital for kids whose parents let them play rock music, but still. I can say with confidence that I didn't do anything that sounded so cosmopolitan until I was at least . . . I don't know . . . 25 and living in London?

I'll just stay home with my Vicks and watch The Simpsons.

No comments: