Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Hello

Welcome to Get Shirty, established to share with you my plans for and progress toward world domination.

Not really. But I am hoping to share some plans and progress here, with the idea that writing things down will make me more accountable for following through.

You see, I am a the very model of a modern major cliche: Approaching middle-age, overweight, struggling with money, lazy, and generally crabby. I'm not unhappy, mind you, but I tend to be . . . a bit of a curmudgeon, and I'm okay with that. What I'm not okay with is the fact that I'm sort of complacent, and letting time fly by. I'm not going to run out and pierce my navel or date a twenty-year-old boy or anything, but I *am* going to try to make more of an effort to appreciate my life.

Saying that makes me cringe, because it sounds so Pollyanna-ish, but it's true. I'm not going to give up my favorite past time of reading on the couch (soon it'll be warm enough to read on the porch--yay!), but I do want to spend more time out in the world. And I'm also thinking that I might want to look into acting more like a grown-up. (More on that later.)

We'll see how it goes. I'm going to take a walk tonight, which is a step (boo!) in the right direction.

And now . . . to work.

No comments: