Friday, August 29, 2008

Facing Intimidation (and Doing Sort of Okay)

I know how to knit a little. I can knit and purl, and have made several nice scarves and a lumpy but serviceable poncho. I've been wanting to make hats, though, but haven't had the courage. Until now.

I present . . . my first hat, hours away from its completion:



I don't know if this photo (taken with my phone, of course) shows off the yarn, but it's hand-dyed, and is a gorgeous plummy color, and so soft! It's going to be a lumpy hat, and more than a little uneven, but I think it's going to fit. And I can't *wait* to wear it.

I picked up this yarn when I was out getting those double-pointed needles. It's either a gray that looks blue or a blue that looks gray, and I love it. Plus: On sale!



It's Shetland wool, and I've been hearing Mike Myers as his character's dad in So I Married an Axe Murderer ever since I picked it up. "Head! Pants, now!"

1 comment:

Badger said...

That plummy yarn is GORGEOUS, and go you, with the double-point needles! I've been afraid to try them. I have enough trouble managing TWO needles at a time, yo. (I am a crocheter at heart, and always will be, I guess.)