Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Rufus Xavier Sarsaparilla

You know that new Woody Alan movie, Vicky Christina Barcelona? It's playing at one of the little movie theaters I pass all the time, and every time I do, I sing the title of the movie to the tune of that School House Rock song about pronouns, Rufus Xavier Sarsaparilla. This probably isn't what Woody was hoping for, but I think he's lucky to get that much of a positive reaction out of me. I will admit a fondness for Annie Hall, but beyond that I think he's a perv and a dirty old man, and no thank you.

In other news, here's a very bad photo of my finished hat, modeled by The Boy. I keep taking pics with my phone despite its less-than-stellar-for-posting results, because the phone is there, whereas the actual camera is put away. I'm lazy, and my blog pictures prove it. But here it is, anyway:



It's not perfect by any means, but it is clearly a hat, and I'm pleased. I'm trying to learn how to knit ribbing, with the hope of making a hat for The Boy. I'll keep you posted on that.

Finally, a public service announcement: If you haven't tried Fage yogurt, run to the store and get some as soon as you can. It's thick and creamy and delicious, and kicks other yogurts' collective asses. I've been mixing it with strawberry preserves and walnuts for my new favorite breakfast, and indeed wish I were eating it right now. Yum!

No comments: