Monday, January 18, 2010

Happy New Year

Yesterday was my birthday, and the start of my personal new year. The award for Worst Gift goes to the Universe, which decided to bestow a stomach bug on me. The less said about that, the better. I spent the day in quarantine until The Boy came home from his dad's, bearing flowers, cards, two adorable blank notebooks, and pretzel rods and ginger ale.

The day was fairly pleasant, ina Camille kind of way, especially considering that I found this tucked into a drawer inside a cabinet that came with the new house:



How old do you think that is? I'm guessing it's as old as I am (freshly 39), at least. And guess what: Still totally soft! See how it says over on the top right that it never dries out? They weren't kidding. Nor were they kidding with the bit on the bottom: "Everybody 'kneeds' PLASTI-TAK. It's fasten-ating." Indeed. Indeed.

1 comment:

Badger said...

Dude! Happy birthday! Maybe you can get a stomach-bug-free do-over.