Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

I dragged The Boy out of the house early this morning despite the fact that we were both up until nearly midnight watching the Steelers beat the Redskins. (Did you know that every time [save one] the Redskins have lost their last home game before an election, the incumbent's party has lost? Rock ON, Steelers!)

I left The Boy to doze in the car when I went into my polling place at about 6:50, where I discovered I was the 59th person in line! I was out in about 30 minutes, and we made it to school and work in plenty of time.

We switched to the electronic touch screens at my polling place a few years ago, and I have to say that I still dislike them--they don't have the same gravitas as the booths. I loved having the curtain slide closed, leaving me in private with my ballot. I loved flicking the levers, and I loved the finality of the ka-chunk sound that meant my vote was registered.

Where can I register my vote for wanting to go back to voting old school?

No comments: