Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Head Bumps

If you haven't seen this commercial for Bumpits, please go watch it and then come back. I'll wait. And don't be lazy--it's worth it, I promise.

Did you watch?!?! I don't even know what to say about this. I mean, I guess it's not really that different from stuffing your bra, but it seems like you'd be so much more likely to get busted--because there's a big plastic lump hiding under your hair.

I don't mind some of the styles they show, I guess, but I find the product pretty hilarious. (And how did they make big bee-hive hair in the 60s? Surely Bumpits aren't a recycled thing? And SURELY surely Amy Winehouse doesn't use Bumpits. I mean, she'd never be able to keep track of them, for one thing.) The poor women and girls in this low-budget commercial don't do anything to detract from the hilarity. Note the jaunty little . . . flourish (?) the Asian girl puts on. Her hair bump makes her perky!

No comments: