Monday, June 8, 2009

June Rhymes with Moon

One of the fellas I work with has an oddly misplaced Patrician accent--think Katherine Hepburn--and he insists that the vowel sounds in June and moon are not the same. He makes June have an "ew" sound, and it drives me bananas.

The Boy will officially be in 7th grade as of noon (which rhymes with moon AND June) today. He'll take Algebra I, and have Spanish everyday. The so far generic Science will morph into generic Biology. Social Studies will turn into American History. Language Arts will stay the same. He's growing up.

I didn't do much this weekend, beyond basic housework and driving The Boy from here to there (the Spring Ref season is over, and the last soccer game for his travel team is Sunday, so weekends will be a lot easier, which, thank God, because I'm tired of having soccer eat my weekends). I did a little experiment with a cheap vinyl roller shade, spray mount, and some fabric I had laying around, and was able to replace an old, ugly, dirtier than I'd like to admit set of vinyl blinds with a reasonably pretty, sturdy, CLEAN shade in my living room. I learned a few lessons from this first go, and will try it again on another window over the weekend.

That's pretty much it, though. Oh! I watched Role Models last night. C got it through Netflix, and told me I needed to watch it. I was skeptical, despite my fondness for most of the cast, but it's surprisingly funny, sweet, and well written. I recommend it.

And that's it. We're in a fund drive this week, so I feel like I'm looking through a long, long tunnel at next weekend, but I already can't wait for it. And I might take next week off . . . woo hoo!

No comments: