Wednesday, June 24, 2009

You Know What's Nice?

Proper tools! See, I'm trying to deal with the sweet new floor, and it really is going to be wonderful--a vast improvement over the nasty, smelly old carpeting, I tell ya what--but it's hard to do a good job without the right tools. Look at what I had to do to cut out the section for the register:



I only have a small circular saw borrowed from my brother-in-law. It's fine for cutting the ends of the planks, but it wasn't quite what I needed for this particular job. I made a bunch of diagonal cuts so the pieces would fall out. Yes, it looks like a saber-tooth tiger took a bite out of it, but who cares, right? No one will see it once the cover is put back on the register.

Happily, my dad is sympathetic to my plight and is going to deliver some tools (and some helping hands) on Sunday. I can't WAIT to have it finished!!

No comments: