Monday, June 29, 2009

Success!



I used to watch Dexter, the good little mad scientist, on Cartoon Network all the time, and I've never felt more like him than I did as I surveyed my new floor on Saturday. Behold:





I still need to get the quarter-round stuff and paint the baseboards, but it's SO NICE! It's pretty and clean and makes the room so much better!

My parents came down Saturday, and my dad brought a portable table saw which helped enormously. Even giving the break for grilled sausages, potato salad, regular salad, iced tea and brownies, we were still finished in four hours. Awesome.

2 comments:

That One said...

Your new floor is beeuuooootiful!

My dad, too, is super handy when it comes to stuff like this. Dads are brilliant, aren't they?

Badger said...

Wow! It looks awesome! I SO want to replace our crappy carpet with hardwood or laminate. So jealous ovah heah.