Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Boy

I don't think it's any secret that The Boy is a doofy little spaz, but I wanted to share a few recent examples.

#1 - C got a Sonicare toothbrush for Christmas, which The Boy fell in love with. I'm all about encouraging the kid to love dental hygiene, so I promised him I'd get us a set when I got my tax return. I did as promised (because I'm that kind of girl), and as he was brushing his teeth yesterday morning, he called to me, "Hey Mom! Come here! Look!" I went to look, and was informed, "You bought me a Sonicare toothbrush, and look: It says, 'Son, I care.'"

#2 - He got out of the shower this morning and the entire front of his head and body were visibly DRY. He had clearly done nothing but stand with his back in the spray for ten minutes. So I made him lean over the side of the tub to wash his hair. And when he stood up . . . still covered in shampoo. He's a disaster. But at least his teeth are clean.

#3 - He's writing a story called Mathmatics Mishap for some of the younger kids at his school, and illustrating it in Power Point (no idea why he's using Power Point, but whatever). Here's one page--look how cute it is:



He has to turn in the form to register for his 7th Grade Electives by the end of week. I still can't quite believe he's that old. I mean, look at #2 above! He's barely past the stage of singing, "Standing in the shower, washing my bummy, now," which he spent plenty of time doing once he was big enough to be in the shower by himself. Come to think of it, at least then he was washing something. Besides those teeth, of course.

3 comments:

BabelBabe said...

i love him. he's one of my favorite kids ever. the toothbrush thing? hilarious.

Anonymous said...

It made me crack up at 7:00 in the morning, which isn't easy to do.

Anonymous said...

"He got out of the shower this morning and the entire front of his head and body were visibly DRY. He had clearly done nothing but stand with his back in the spray for ten minutes."

I just love your kid! :)