Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I Smell a Short Story

Or maybe a summer blockbuster. Have you heard of the one-eyed filmmaker who's having a tiny camera inserted into his prosthetic eye so he can make a documentary about surveillance?

Okay, first: Yikes! That picture freaks me out. Second: Um . . . I think this is kind of terrifying. On the one hand, it really does mean that anyone at any time can be RECORDING WHATEVER YOU SAY OR DO. And on the other hand, how many people would want to have these for themselves? I can imagine a whole society of people who are so determined to document their every moment that they demand these eye cameras and spend their entire lives creating movies of their lives, instead of living them.

Or is that just me and my own paranoia?

4 comments:

BabelBabe said...

well, except he JUST TOLD EVERYONE.
it's not a secret anymore. twit. (him, not you, dear.)

Anonymous said...

If I knew him, I would DEMAND that he wear an eye patch at all times.

Anonymous said...

You've gotta write this story, now; I wanna read it. :)

Badger said...

That dude is never getting laid again.