Sunday, March 22, 2009

Some TV Things

1- I bought a TV stand off Craig's List, and it is perfect. It's tall enough that the TV is at a good height, and it holds al of the game consoles and their attendant crap behind closed doors, but it's not too big for my room. Hooray for me!

2- I was a huge fan of Veronica Mars*, so imagine my delight when a friend told me VM's creator, Rob Thomas, had a new show coming up. It premiered Friday on Starz (which I don't get), and I just watched it on-line here. It's called Party Down, and while the title made me cringe, the first episode was pretty good. The cast is wonderful--Jane Lynch! Martin Starr! And a BUNCH of people from VM. The first episode was funny, and left me anxious for more.

3- Speaking of being anxious, I must confess that P and I watched Left Behind (I'm not linking because, ew) last night, and I am anxious to see the next two movies. I didn't know much about the Rapture Christians before I watched, and I know I still don't know very much at all, but the whole movie experience was crazy and puzzling and more than a little amusing. And while I fully understand that it's not right to laugh at peoples' beliefs, I feel like the whole "neener, neener" attitude of the LB crew makes it okay. If that makes any sense at all.

4- We also watched a little Buffy, two episodes of South Park, and a bit of the David Copperfield with Daniel Radcliffe so I could show P how much the actress who plays David Copperfield's mother, Emilia Fox, looks like Anna Faris.




I mean, I can't tell you how disconcerting it is to hear the speeches of Clara Copperfield come out of the mouth of The House Bunny, but there you go.

5- I'm off to take a walk, but when I come back I'm going to knit and watch more Veronica Mars. Love!


*Seriously--I defy you to watch the first episode of VM and not be astounded and HOOKED. I just stumbled on the episode looking for the site to link to, and suddenly it's 40 minutes later because I had to watch. Bloody brilliant television.

No comments: